SRINAGAR MAR 20: Prof. Bhim Singh addressing a Press Conference in Srinagar (Kashmir) announced the decision of Kashmir Executive Committee of Panthers Party that the party is pained to announce that it has decided to boycott the Lok Sabha bye-elections of the Parliament for the reason that the ruling clique (PDP-BJP) has taken away all security cover of the Executive Members in Kashmir Valley. The security cover which was provided to Senior Office bearers for years was taken away by PDP-RSS Govt. They include State Vice President Syed Masood Indrabi, State General Secretary Manzoor Ahmad Naik, Provincial President (KP) Farooq Ahmad Dar, Distt President Baramulla Ali Mohammad Dar, Shah Fayaz Distt. President Shopian, Hakeen Arif Ali District President Srinagar etc.
One day emergency meeting of Kashmir wing of NPP executive held yesterday had decided to contest Parliamentary election in spite of the discriminatory attitude of the State Govt., Prof. Bhim Singh the Chief Patron of JKNPP has taken a decision in the interest of the security of the NPP leaders and their supporters to boycott the Parliamentary By-Elections in Kashmir Valley.
1. There are more than 60% voters of Kashmir who have migrated to the neighbouring states for work as labourers. In winter more than 60% Kashmiries migrate to the areas outside the State for work and labour.
2. This matter was brought to the notice of Election Commissioner of India by Prof. Bhim Singh personally who had assured to consider the situation.
3. That entire Secretariat is functioning in Jammu more than 200 Kms away. There is no governance in Kashmir Valley and the voters are also away in the neighbouring States.
4. That NPP has considered all these facts and situation and was ready to contest Lok Saba Polls. The State Government has deliberately decided to take away security of its functionaries in Valley.
5. That Provincial President Mohd. Ramzan Bangay was killed in 1996 inside MLA Hostel when he had declared to contest Assembly Election in 1996. District President of Anantnag Nissar Ahmad Najar was killed in Anantnag in the same year and Culprits have not been identified till today.
6. Security cover has been removed from active and senior NPP leaders in the Valley just to keep Panthers Party away from political struggle, for justice, equity and rule of law.
7. The RSS dominated Govt. of J&K has been treating JKNPP as enemy and has stripped off their security particularly in the Valley of Kashmir, so that voice of reasons, goodwill and brotherhood is silenced forever.
Prof. Bhim Singh has proposed that the Kashmir bye-elections of Lok Sabha shall be boycotted with strong protect against the Modi Govt. for trying to rig the Kashmir Election the way Modi Govt. has done recently in UP & Uttarakhand. Prof. Bhim Singh appealed to the JKNPP to go for a strong boycott of Lok Sabha By-Elections next month which is being held against all norms of Election Laws, with a clear message that Modi Govt. has already decided the names of two Lok Sabha Members from Kashmir Valley. The Kashmir Executive Committee of the JKNPP has decided to convey this message to the entire fraternity in the country. The Kashmir Panthers Party under the leadership of Syed Masood Indrabi State Vice President, its General Secretary Manzoor Ahmad Naik & Provincial President Farooq Ahmad Dar have decided to hold demonstration in front of Parliament next week to seek protection under fundamental rights which have been denied to the people of J&K since 1950.