With Jio everything seems disoriented and unsettled. So, here is your guide to Jio plans and options now.
April 17, 2017: Jio’s world of free services finally came to an end on April 15. Although some Jio SIMs are still working, company has clearly stated that after a stipulated period of time SIMs that have not been recharged with any plans will be disconnected.
So what happens next? Jio is no more going to be free and you have to pay certain amount of money to the company to resume its services. Now, the problem is that the company has launched and abandoned so many plans, all on almost same timeline, that the users are left baffled. Many have done the Rs 99 recharge and wondering what do to do next while many have taken the Prime subscription but have opted for Rs 149 plan. Everything seems disoriented and unsettled. Well, here is your guide to Jio plans and options now.
1. First you have to accept the fact that Jio will be charging you now for whatever services you take. The company last week killed its Summer Surprise offer and introduced a new plan called Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan.
2. Though Jio has revoked its Summer Surprise Offer, users who have already subscribed to the plan before April 11 will continue getting the services until the validity period assured by Jio. Also users who taken plan of Rs 149 or below will be later offered given back as voucher. Jio has not specified the exact time of when will this voucher be given.
3. Others will have choose from the two offers that come under Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan: one is for Prime users and the other for non-Prime members.
4. If you are a Prime user then you have an option to choose between 1GB 4G data per day and 2GB 4G data per day. For 1GB data you have to pay Rs 309 while for 2GB it is Rs 509. Unlimited calls, SMSes and other Jio services are also included in the plans. The plan validity last for 84 days and this is only for one-time recharge as for subsequent recharges you get less data and less number of validity days.
5. Non-Prime members too have an option to choose between 1GB and 2GB data plan. For 1GB 4G data per day, you pay Rs 408 while for 2GB it is Rs 608. Free unlimited voice calls, SMSes and Jio bouquet of services are included in the plan and validity is for 84 days.
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan plan in short is going to offer you 84 GB 4G data for nearly 3 months at Rs 309 if you are Prime members and opted for 1GB data cap. At the same time you get 168 GB 4G data if you are Prime user and go for 2GB data cap. Non-Prime users will have to pay a little extra to avail Jio services and data. You will pay Rs 408 for 84GB and Rs 608 for 168 GB 4G data. Simple, ain’t it?
Copyright, Living Media India Limited