Arwani encounter on, youth killed

Home » Kashmir » Arwani encounter on, youth killed

By Fast Kashmir on 16/06/2017. 1 Comment

Search operation on to retrieve militants’ bodies: IGP

Srinagar, Jun 16: A civilian protester was Friday killed during clashes between forces and protesters in Arwani village of Bijbehara in Anantnag district while another youth who received severe injuries on Thursday evening at Rangreth in Budgam succumbed to his injuries at SKIMS hospital yesterday.
Scores of people also received injuries during the clashes today near the encounter site in Arwani. The encounter between militants and forces broke out today morning when forces cordoned off the Arwani village after inputs of presence of militants in a house.
The encounter is still going on as police said that search operation is ongoing to retrieve the bodies of militants.
Bandipora youth succumbs:
A youth who had received severe bullet injuries in Rangreth area on Thursday evening has succumbed to his injuries. The deceased youth, identified as Naseer Ahmad, was a resident of Ashtengo village in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
Doctors said that Ahmad was hit by a bullet in left side of chest after forces opened fire to disperse stone-throwing youth in Rangreth in Budgam district. He was rushed to SKIMS Medical College Hospital Bemina where from he was referred to SKIMS, Soura. “He was declared dead at around midnight,” doctors said.
Meanwhile, Naseer was laid to rest amid pro-freedom slogans at his native Ashtengoo village of the north Kashmir district. People in large number attended his last rites in Ashtengoo village. They were shouting pro-freedom and anti-India slogans. Meanwhile, a complete shutdown was observed in his native village.
Anantnag youth killed:
A 22-year-old youth was today killed during the clashes between the forces and the youth near the encounter site in Arwani village of Bijbehara tehsil of Anantnag district in south Kashmir.
The slain youth identified as Muhammad Ashraf, resident of Kharpora, received a bullet injury in his abdomen during the clashes near the encounter site in Arwani.
Locals informed that the injured youth was shifted to the District Hospital Anantnag where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Sources in the Sub District Hospital (SDH Bijbehara) told KNS that scores of youth who had received bullet injuries were brought to the hospital who have been shifted to Srinagar’s hospital for specialized treatment. They said one among the injured youth is critical.
Clashes erupted between youth and forces in Nowhatta area of Srinagar after mandatory congregationalFriday prayers culminated in the historic Jamia Masjid. As soon as the Friday prayers ended in the Jamia Masjid, scores of youth took to streets and chanted slogans in favour of ‘Azadi’.
The forces used tear gas canisters to disperse the protesting youth, who in return pelted stones, triggering clashes on the area.
North Kashmir
Two civilians were today injured after army allegedly opened fire on the car in Bandipora district.
Reports said that the civilians were heading towards Ahem Sharif shrine for Friday prayers when they came under fire at a barricade erected by soldiers in Chek Reshipora village of the district. Locals said that the injured youth were shifted to District Hospital Bandipora for treatment where doctors referred them to SKIMS Soura for specialised treatment.
Meanwhile, in Sopore, clashes erupted between the youth and forces near Markazi Jamia Masjid Sopore. Amid pro-freedom sloganeering, the youth aassmebled near the Jamia Masjid.
They agitating youth later pelted stones on the forces who in return used tear smoke shells to disperse the protesters, triggering clashes in the area.
Police Version:
Inspector General of Police (IGP) Kashmir Range, Munir Khan, told KNS that the search operation is ongoing to retrieve the bodies of militants.
“We have launched the search operation in Arwani to retrieve the militant bodies,” he said when this report was filed.
The IGP said that a civilian has been killed in the “cross firing” at Arwani while an another civilian who was injured is “critical”.
IGP Kashmir said that situation in rest of the districts remained peaceful throughout the day. (KNS)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.