Security heightened after multiple militant strikes in Kashmir

Home » Kashmir » Security heightened after multiple militant strikes in Kashmir

By Fast Kashmir on 14/06/2017. No Comments

Security heightened after multiple militant strikes in Kashmir

Police blame Jaish-e-Muhammad

Srinagar, June 14: The multiple militant attacks in different parts of Kashmir Valley have sent security agencies into a tizzy while to prevent further attacks authorities have sounded a red alert.

Officials said that the red alert had been sounded prior to such attacks but vigil has been intensified after these attacks.

Nine CRPF men, four policemen and two army soldiers were wounded in multiple attacks carried out by different militant organizations including indigenous Hizbul Mujhadeen.

Security according to reports has been tightened across the valley particularly in South Kashmir.

Jammu Kashmir Police Chief Dr SP Vaid has blamed the Jaish-e-Mohammad militant outfit for the last night attacks.

“Hizbul Mujahideen has larger presence but yesterday’s incidents (attacks) were carried out by Jaish-e-Mohammad, as per our intelligence reports,” Vaid said.

Pic by, Muneeb ul islaam/FK


Hizbul Mujhadeen Operational Spokesperson Burhanuddin told news agency CNS that these strikes were jointly conducted by different outfits Al Umar Mujhadeen, Jaish-e-Muhammad, Harkatul Mujhadeen. The spokesperson added that in a daring attack, the militants managed to decamp with four rifles in Anantnag district. Al-Umar Mujhadeen Chief Mushtaq Zargar also told CNS that their militants carried out some the attacks.

These attacks created panic on Tuesday night. Locals alleged that government forces caused massive damage to the property while they also beat up inmates barging into different houses.

The Forces action sparked spontaneous shutdown and protests in areas where attacks took place.

Frisal hamlet of Kulgam district also observed a spontaneous shutdown to protest the forces’ action.

The villagers alleged that forces ransacked several houses without any provocation.

They took to streets to protest against the forces, who they alleged, smashed windowpanes of houses and also damaged vehicles parked on the roadside.

District Police Chief Kulgam while denying such allegations claimed that damage to the property might have been caused by some miscreants.

Pic by, Muneeb ul islam/FK


Meanwhile, Police on Thursday lobbed tear-smoke shells to disperse protesting students in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district when they pelted stones on the deployed forces.

The locals from North Kashmir’s Sopore town alleged that army thrashed and detained dozens of people after grenade attack at their camp in Pazalpora area on Tuesday night.  (CNS)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.