Srinagar, August 22: A labourer from border district of Kupwara who was working in summer capital here died after getting electrocuted during work in Sonwar area.
According to GNS, 25-year old Hilal Ahmad Khan, son of Nazir Ahmad Khan of Khanchek, Rednag in Lolab area of Kupwara was electrocuted after a tin sheet he lifted touched high tension power line at Sonwar. The labourer couldn’t tolerate the shock and died.
As per his family, he was residing at Rainawari in a rented accommodation and was earning his wages by working as labourer. The body of the deceased was taken over by police for medico-legal formalities and will be dispatched to his village for final rites.(GNS)