Four militants killed in two separate encounters in Kashmir

Home » Kashmir » Four militants killed in two separate encounters in Kashmir

By Fast Kashmir on 30/11/2017.

Clashes near encounter site leave six wounded

Budgam/Sopore, Nov 30: In two separate encounters in North and Central Kashmir, at least four militants were killed while over 6 civilians and a Para-trooper suffered injuries.
The two gun fights raged in Futlipora Pakharpora area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district and Sagipora Sopore village of North Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

An official said that Special Operations Group (SOG) of Jammu and Kashmir Police and 10 Garhwal of army cordoned off Futlipora on Monday morning around 6 am after “specific inputs” about the presence of militants.
“As the forces approached the suspected house, the militants opened fire, triggering a gunfight,” he said.
He said militants were hiding in a spacious house of Muhammad Asadullah.

The gunfight continued for hours while Government Forces blasted the house razed it to ground. Three militants including a local were killed in the gunfight. The local militant has been identified as Shabir Ahmed Thokar of Thokarpora Pulwama. He according to a police official had joined Jaish militant outfit in 2016.
Official added that slain militants were affiliated with the Fidayeen Squad of Jaish Muhammad outfit. “Three AK 47 rifles were recovered from the encounter site,” he said.

Meanwhile, six youth were injured in clashes near the site of gunfight.
Reports said that youth took to streets and pelted the forces with stones to disrupt the anti-militant operation.
The forces, they said, responded by firing teargas shells, pellets and live bullets.
A health official at CHC Pakherpora said six injured were brought to the facility for treatment.
“Four were hit by pellets while two others had gunshot wounds,” he said.

The youth hit by bullets were identified as Irfan, a resident of Murran Pulwama and Sayar Ahmad Mir.
Two among the injured are residents of Karpora Check village of Pakherpora.
Mir, a teenager, was hit by a bullet in clashes at main chowk Pakherpora after army opened fire to disperse stone-throwing protesters.

Reports said that a Tata Mobile carrying soldiers towards encounter site were set ablaze by protesters.
Meanwhile, a militant was killed in Sagipora village in Sopore town of North Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
A police official said that the gun fight between militants and the government forces started after Forces cordoned off Sagipora village.

“Sagipora was cordoned off by Forces earlier after receiving inputs about the presence of militants. During the exchange of fire a militant was killed,” said the official adding that the identity of the militant could not be ascertained.

A para trooper was also injured in the encounter.
Locals alleged that they were beaten to pulp by Army soldiers during the encounter.
“There were neither protests nor stone-pelting, but soldiers thrashed everyone who came in their way,” the locals told CNS adding that after the incidents people took to streets and pelted stones on the Forces. (CNS)