Human Rights Violation:Victims stage silent protest in Srinagar

Home » Kashmir » Human Rights Violation:Victims stage silent protest in Srinagar

By Fast Kashmir on 09/12/2017.

Human Rights Violation:Victims stage silent protest in Srinagar

Neyaz Elahi 

Srinagar, Dec 9: Victims who have suffered worst form of rights violations and their relatives today staged a silent protest here in Kashmir capital Srinagar.

    The protest was organized was International Forum for Justice, however, its chairman Muhammad Ahsan Untoo was detained by police before he could have reached the protest venue.

    Those who were part of the silent protest included Human Shield Victim Farooq Ahmed Dar, Pellet victim from Safakadal Zahid Manzoor and others.

    One of the victims Nasurullah Khan told CNS that he was ruthlessly beaten up by soldiers in Lolab Valley of Kupwara. “I suffered from kidney failure. I was with another youth when soldiers thrashed us inside camp. After sound beating I was allowed to go back to home while another youth who was with me is still missing,” Khan said.

    Couple of youth blinded completely by pellets, were also part of the protest. Zahid Manzoor who is still recuperating in the hospital after pellets pierced his body in Safakadal area of Srinagar city also made his presence felt during the protest. He said he was targeted for the fault of his none. “I was on way to tuition centre when men in uniform pumped pellets into my body,” he said.

Pic by, Shah Jehangir/FK 

    Inspector General of Police Kashmir Zone Mr Munir Ahmed Khan has already ordered a probe into this incident.

    Muhammad Yousuf, the brother of incarcerated separatist leader Abdul Samad Inqalabi said his brother is languishing in Kathua jail and was ruthlessly beaten up by Jail authorities as a result he has developed several ailments while government has not been providing him any medical assistance.

    “He is even not presented before the court of law during hearing days,” he said.

Pic by, Shah Jehangir/FK 

     The human shield victim, Farooq Ahmed Dar said army soldiers snatched his cell phone and cash before forcibly tied him on the front of arm vehicle. “I have got a new life. I feel sorry for Indian media who labeled me as stone-pelter,” he said. (CNS)