Jammu, April 07: Prof.Bhim Singh, Chief Patron of National Panthers Party, Executive Chairman of State Legal Aid Committee, J&K & an expert on legal matters vis-à-vis J&K in the United Nations strongly accused Govt. of India for its utter failure to reply to Pakistani representative in the United Nations when Pak representative Ms. Maleeha Lodhi, a representative of Peru raised absurd point on the so-called J&K issue before the United Nations.
Prof.Bhim Singh reminded both India and Pakistan to read the contents of the Resolution of August 13, 1948 made by the Security Council. It was clearly mentioned that both India and Pakistan shall cooperate to ensure that peace is restored and the situation in the State of J&K is brought to normalcy. It was also mentioned in the Resolution that,
a). Both agreed that the prompt cessation of hostilities and the correction of conditions, the continuance of which is likely to endanger international peace and security are essential to implementation of its endeavours to assist the Governments of India and Pakistan in effecting a final settlement of the situation.
b). Ceasefire was observed on the directions of the United Nations where the Government of India and the Government of Pakistan agreed to appeal to their respective peoples to assist in creating and maintaining an atmosphere favourable to the promotion of farther negotiation.
2. Simultaneously with the acceptance of the proposal for the immediate cessation of hostilities as outlined in Part I, both Governments accept the following principles as a basis for the formulation of a truce agreement, the details of which shall he worked out in discussion between their Representatives and the Commission.
3. Pakistan agreed publicly and made a commitment to withdraw the presence of troops of Pakistan in the territory of the State of Jammu and Kashmir constitutes a material change in the situation since it was represented by the Government of Pakistan before the Security Council, the Government of Pakistan agrees to withdraw its troops from that State.
a). That Pakistan violated this commitment, agreement made to the Untied Nations to withdraw all Pakistani troops from all occupied territories of J&K. Pakistan failed to implement this order. The fact is Pakistan did not withdraw from the occupied territories of J&K.
4. It was also directed by the United Nations that the administration of the Pak-administered territories vacated by Pakistan shall be looked after by the administration of the Govt. of J&K in 1948.
5. Pakistan did not implement this important part of the United Nations Resolution. Pakistan did not fulfill its commitment it made in the United Nations.
6. Pakistan instead attacked Gilgit-Baltistan in 1948 after signing the above mentioned agreement and occupied 33,000 sq. miles of the territory of J&K geographically identified as Gilgit-Baltistan. This was a violation of the UN Resolution of August 13, 1948.
7. This issue was raised by Mr. V.K. Krishnamenon, the Indian representative before the Security Council in 1959 which was appreciated by all the members of the Security Council. This was V.K. Krishnamenon’s stand on the behalf of India that Pakistan had violated the Resolutions of the Security Council vis-à-vis J&K.
8. In 1965, Pak-army committed a aggression and several thousands of people were forced to evacuate the territories of J&K, some of them are still under the occupation of Pakistan.
9. NPP Supremo as asked the Govt. of India why it failed to open the pages of the history dealing with J&K situation. NPP Supremo who represented J&K Panthers Party several times in the NGO camp in the United Nations charged the Indian leadership for their utter failure to represent the real issue vis-à-vis J&K before the world community who have been misinformed rather ill-informed by Pakistan’s military representatives. Prof.Bhim Singh also charged the earlier Congress leadership and the leadership at present for its total failure to represent the real issues relating to the situation in J&K namely,
A). The people of J&K acceded to the Union of India through their Maharaja on 26th October, 1947. The 577 states which formed Union of India were at par with the situation of J&K. Why J&K has not been made as constitutional part of the country like other 575 states?
B). Why Indian leadership after Shri V.K. Krishnamenon failed to represent from the living history of J&K?
C). People of J&K were living in a state under a ruler—Jammu and Kashmir. Indian representatives dared not tell Pakistan that it is not ‘Kashmir’ but J&K including Gilgit-Baltistan.
D). Why the representatives of India failed to raise the issue against occupation of Gilgit-Baltistan which has been made a colony by Pakistan since 1948 after the ceasefire was ordered by the Security Council of the United Nations and duly signed by India and Pakistan?
E). NPP Supremo said that there is no space in India where one can raise the real issues relating to the historic development that led to the illegal occupation of J&K by Pakistan.
Prof.Bhim Singh said that he has been to Pakistan several times and each time he got a message from every soul from Pakistan that they want to live peace with India. The people of Pakistan will be happy if this situation called J&K is brought to the conclusion. People of J&K organized two inter-state meeting in Delhi in 2005 & 2007 in which the representatives of several parties in POK and J&K represented similar views to live in peace and harmony. No wars, no guns and no LoC.