Beerwah, June 07: A need based lineman working with Power Development Department died of electrocutionhere in Meerpora village of Budgam’s BeerwahTehsil on Thursday, sources said.
The deceased identified as Abdul RahmanGanie, son of Abdul Aziz Ganie of Machama,Beerwah received an electric shock while he was fixing a broken High tension electric supply line in Meerpora village.
He was rushed to Sub-District Hospital Magamwhere doctors pronounced him as brought dead.
Locals sources said that Abdul Rahman was working with PDD for past many years as a need based lineman.
Station House Officer (SHO) Beerwah, NazirAhmad while confirming the incident said that a case against the incident has been registered in Police Station Beerwah, adding that after completing all the legal and medical formalities including post mortem, the body was handed over to his relatives for the last rites.
Around 20 to 30 daily wager employees of PDD die every year due to electrocution, but the department is not coming forward by framing any policy for them.