Cow electrocuted to death near girls school in Shangus Anantnag

Home » Kashmir » Cow electrocuted to death near girls school in Shangus Anantnag

By Fast Kashmir on 20/07/2018.

File Photo


Anantnag, July 20: Due to sheer negligence of Power Development Department, a cow

was electrocuted to death, when it came in contact with a live power line that was lying on the ground near a girls school in Shangus area of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.

Loading...

   Eyewitnesses said that cow belonging to one Ghulam Ahmed Rather was passing through the lane when it walked on the electric cable that had got snapped and laid on the ground. The cow stamped on it, and was killed instantly on the spot.

   “The incident occurred near Government Girls High School and thankfully it was closed today due to summer break, otherwise a big mishap would have occurred,” said a local to CNS.

   The locals who held protest against PDD accused it of negligence and demanded action against the employees under law. (CNS)