Forces ransack houses, parked vehicle, thrash locals in South Kashmir

Home » Kashmir » Forces ransack houses, parked vehicle, thrash locals in South Kashmir

By Fast Kashmir on 04/07/2018.

Srinagar, July 4: Government forces allegedly ransacked scores of parked vehicles, several residential houses and thrash locals in separate incidents at Rahmoo and Chitragam villages of south Kashmir last night.

The residents of Rahmoo village in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Wednesday alleged that army soldiers vandalised residential houses and thrashed several locals in the area last night.

A complete shutdown was being observed in the area to protest the alleged vandalism and beatings.

The residents alleged that the soldiers entered into the village around 10 pm and ransacked the property without any provocation. During their stay in the village till 3 am, they also thrashed several locals, the residents said

They also threatened locals with dire consequences, if their children resorted to stone-pelting on the army, they said.

They said that there were no protests or clashes during the day in the village and that the army action was unprovoked. “The army soldiers were hitting everything that came their way and they did not even spare the parked vehicles,” they alleged.

Demanding stern action against the soldiers involved in vandalizing the civilian property, the residents said the police must register FIR against the officer of the local army camp.

SP Pulwama Mohummad Aslam Choudhary said police has already received a complaint from locals and that they were investigating the issue.

Meanwhile, reports said that forces last night barged into and ransacked the house of an active militant Tariq Shamim in Chitragam village of Shopian district, allegedly beat the inmates and vandalized the property.

“The forces barged into our house last night, beat up inmates, and damaged property,” one of the family members said.

A police officer concerned said that they are checking the facts about the incidents “but I did not get any report or complaint regarding any damage or ransacking by the forces in any house.”