Yasin Malik and others released on an interim bail: JKLF

Home » Kashmir » Yasin Malik and others released on an interim bail: JKLF

By FK WEB DESK on 26/12/2018.

Srinagar, 26 Dec:  chairman Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) Muhammad Yasin Malik and seven others including vice chairman Mushtaq Ajmal, Muhammad Hanif Dar, Imtiyaz Ahmad Dar, Imtiyaz Ahmad Ganie, Shakir Ahmad Ahangar, Fayaz Ahmad and Basharat Ahmad have been released from police custody after additional session judge Srinagar granted an interim bail to them.



Chairman JKLF who was arrested along with others on 17thDecember 2018, while leading a peaceful “kill us all” protest against ongoing killing spree in Kashmir, were bailed out by a magistrate on 18th December but police using its old fraudulent tactics showed them re-arrested under many frivolous charges including the attempt to murder charge, presented them before a court which granted them a 7 days police remand.


Today after the expiration of this remand, the case was heard by the additional session court Srinagar which ordered to release Yasin Sahib and others from police custody on an interim bail till 17th January 2018. It is pertinent to mention during last three months, Yasin sahib has spent majority of days in police custody. He was arrested on 02nd of October 2018, and released on 18th October.


He was again arrested on 24th October and released on 28th October. Police again arrested him on 19thNovember 2018, and he was then released on 12th December 2018. After only few days of freedom, Yasin sahib was again arrested by police on 17th December 2018 and kept at police station Kothibagh where after getting a bail from magistrate on 18thDecember he and others were shown re-arrested under frivolous charges.


It is also significant to mention that police have charged JKLF chairman and others under case FIR No.33/2018 of P/S Maisuma, Srinagar under sections 307 (Attempt to Murder), 152,188,147,148,149,336,353,427 of RPC and the court of additional session judge granted an interim bail to him and others in all these charges after which they have been released from police custody now.