Srinagar, Jan 29: In view of predictions of heavy snow fall from 19th to 25th January-2019, driving in ice and snow conditions can be very challenging. The key to safe driving is to adopt to the following tips to arrive at your destinations safely:
1. Avoid Un-necessary travel.
2. Drive at a speed appropriate for the weather conditions.
3. Minimize the use of two wheelers.
4. Follow lane driving.
5. Use brake judiciously not abruptly.
6. Avoid overtaking.
7. Keep distance while driving.
8. Use your dipped headlights to be visible to others.
9. Be Cautious While on roads.
10. Deflate tyres to keep low pressure for maintain a good grip on slippery roads.
It is pertinent to mention here that due to security reasons the road stretch from Radio Kashmir Chowk upto Ram Munshi Bagh / Gupkar Crossing has been restricted for general vehicular movement till 25th of January-2019 and there should be a separate traffic regulation system for 26th of January-2019 which will be informed in due course of time. As such;
1. Motorists coming from Pantha Chowk and adjacent areas to City Centre shall adopt Sonwar Ram Munshi Bagh Dalgate M.A. Road and vice versa.
2. Motorists coming from Rajabgh and adjacent areas intending to travel towards Pantha Chowk side shall adopt Radio Kashmir Chowk J&K Bank Corporate Office Crossing Dalgate R.M.Bagh Sonwar upto their destinations.
3. Motorists coming from South Kashmir/ Pantha Chowk area intending to travel Barzulla/Hyderpora/Rambagh areas are requested to prefer NHW and enter via Natipora/Sanat Nagar.
Any inconvenience caused is highly regretted.
For Assistance Kindly Contact:
Traffic Police Office City Srinagar (Tel/Fax) 0194-2455179,
Traffic Police Control Room Sgr. (Tel) 0194-2450022, 2485396
WhatsASpp No. 8491852218, Toll Free No. 18001807091
Sr. Supdtt. of Police,
Traffic City Srinagar.