Srinagar, Mar 12: An extraordinary meeting of Mutahida Majlis-e-Ulema chaired by Mufti Azam Nasirul Islam was held at historic Mirwaiz Manzil Rajouri Kadal in which Imams, Khateebs and Religious scholars from across the Kashmir Valley participated with regard to the NIA notice sent to the chairman of the Mutahida Ulema council and Mirwaiz of Kashmir Mohammad Umar Farooq. The meeting also discussed the grave prevailing situation in Kashmir especially the extreme assault by New Delhi on the pro-resolution leadership socio-religious organizations and cadres, and a new wave of repression on people of Kashmir.
Those who participated in the meeting include Jammu & Kashmir Majlis Itehaad-i-Millat, Ittihaad-ul-Muslimeen, Himayat-ul-Islam, Anjuman Tableegul Islam, Ahlibait Foundation, Darul Uloom Raheemiya Bandipora, Jamiat Ulema, Jamat-e-Islami, Anjuman-e- Sharie Shiyaan, Karvan Islami International, Anjuman Auqaf Jama Masjid , Muslim Personal Law board Jammu and Kashmir, Darul iftah wal qaza Shariat Islami Bijbehara, Idara Mohsin Aalmeen International, Aastan-i- Aalia Peer Dastageer Sahib Khanyar, Anjuman Nusratul Islam, Anjuman Ulema-i-Ahnaaf, Rabita Aimah Masajid Jammu and Kashmir
After discussion, a unanimous resolution was passed by the Mutahida Ulema council.
Here is the resolution:
1. This meeting expresses solidarity with Mirwaiz-e-Kashmir Mohammad Umar Farooq and assures him that we standby Mirwaiz at this time when he is being harassed and victimized by the authorities and would stay shoulder to shoulder with him. The meeting strongly denounced the NIA notice to Mirwaiz and summoning him to Delhi for questioning and termed it as a direct interference in religious affairs of Muslim, making it clear Mirwaiz is not just a political leader but religious head of people of Kashmir and any attempt to harass him as the NIA notice is one, would be strongly opposed as it will deeply hurt the sentiments and feelings of people across the State.
2. The meeting strongly condemns the imposition of ban on Jamaat-e-Islami, and arrest of its leaders and cadres and called it a blatant interference in religious affairs meeting also condemned the crackdown on the resistance leadership, killings, and harassment of people.
3. The meeting condemns in strongest words the frequent sealing of Kashmir’s grand Masjid Jamia Masjid which is the religious and spiritual epicenter of the lacs of people of the State and termed the barring of Friday prayers as highly intolerable stating that the move amounts to direct religious interference.
4. The meeting lays special focus on all segments of society and people of Kashmir to shun sectarian difference and other ideological rifts and to stay United at this crucial juncture when there is a tremendous onslaught against people. The meeting also urged the people to remain alert about the ploys aimed at creating a wedge among the people on sectarian lines and to defeat all such moves.
5. The meeting stared that the resolution will be passed during the Friday (March 15) congregational prayers across Kashmir in all Masjids, shrines Imams Baras for seeking unanimous support of people of Kashmir against the NIA notice to Mirwaiz, crackdown on Jamaat-e-Islami and banning the organisation, crackdown on Jamiat-e-Ahlihadees, arrest of resistance leaders and the repressive measures of Delhi against the innocent people of Kashmir.