Srinagar, June 11: Five persons, including three members of a family, were hospitalised after they consumed ‘poisonous’ tea in Kunzer area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, reports said on Tuesday.
Reports reaching GNS said that the five persons consumed tea made by an elderly woman who mistook some poisonous substance to that of dry lipton tea yesterday.
As soon as consuming the tea, three members of the family and two neighbors took it, they fell unconscious and were immediately removed to SDH Magam.
Later they were shifted to Srinagar hospital where condition of three of them is stated to be critical.
While confirming it, a police official told GNS that as per initial reports the elderly woman while preparing the tea had mistook some poisonous substance instead of dry Lipton tea unintentionally which resulted the incident.
The officer identified those admitted in the hospital as Abdul Gani Sofi his wife Saja (75) and their son Farooq Ahmad Sofi, Ghulam Qadir Waza son of Ghulam Mohd Waza and Ghulam Mohammad Wani, all residents of Itkoo Dobiwan.