Budgam, 28 July: An employee of power development department died on Sunday morning due to electrocution while repairing a fallen LT line in Beerwah Budgam area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
Locals while talking to KNO identified the deceased as Nazir Ahmad Ganaie son of Ghulam Rasool Ganaie of Soodhipora village. “He received an electric shock while repairing a fallen LT line,” locals told KNO.
Police officials told KNO that the employee was immediately taken to a Sub district hospital Beerwah where from he was referred to Sheri Kashmir institute of Medical sciences (SKIMS) Soura where doctors declared him brought dead on arrival.
“After completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites,” the official told KNO. He said a case has been registered in this regard at Police station Beerwah and investigation has been started as well.