Says case was never heard at SC from last six years
Kupwara, Feb 23: In wake of no hearing from last six years at Supreme Court (SC), the alleged rape and torture victims of Kunan—Poshpora on 29th anniversary of the incident said that they won’t plead for justice anymore.
According to wire service—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), the alleged rape and torture survivors of Kunan—Poshpora on eve of 29th anniversary said that there is no ray of hope of justice left for them since the judiciary has failed to deliver justice so far. They also said that “Not even a single hearing took place in Supreme Court for past six years.”
The family heads of 42 survivors said that “We have surrender to plead justice as after elapsing 29 years, there seems no ray of hope for justice now.” Assembled at house of a survivor in Kunan, a local committee formed by victims said that over the years they have fought hard for justice but no one has been punished yet.
“The committee said that they approached many so far including people at the help, media, women’s commission to seek their help, but all this failed to yield any result. “Our women folk feel ashamed when any unknown person visits the hamlet,” the committee said. They said that the case was shifted from High Court Srinagar to Supreme Court back in 2014 but since then no hearing took place.
“The treatment meted to us over the years made us to surrender and give up the fight for justice since there is no ray of hope for justice,” they said. They furthermore said that in past they would take out black flag marches and hold protests at different places but now they finally decided to give up all the ways and means of protest to demand justice for the victims of mass rape and torture on this day in 1991.
“There is no more hope of justice for all the survivors and we won’t plead for justice anymore,” the assembled survivors said—