Srinagar, Mar 07: A couple and their daughter were burnt alive after their house was gutted in a fire incident in Khanyar area of old city in Srinagar district on Friday night.
Station House Officer (SHO) Khanyar Parvaiz Ahmad told GNS that the incident occurred at Sheeshgari Mohalla when a residential house belonged to Javid Ahmad Hakak son of Ali Mohammad Hakak caught fire and gutted completely.
In the incident, three members of the family including father, mother and their daughter died on the spot, he said.
The officer identified the deceased as Javaid Ahmad Hakak, his Sofiya Javaid and their daughter Hafsa.
The officer said that apparently the cause of fire seems to be due to short circuit. However, he said that the real cause of the fire would be known after completion of investigations.
Meanwhile, police has registered a case and started further investigations in this regard.