Srinagar, March 19: In view of COVID-19 scare and confirmed case from Srinagar, Doctors Association Kashmir (DAK) Thursday requested doctors to volunteer for providing online consultations to patients through WhatsApp or telephonically, so that people suffering from general ailments to limit visiting hospitals.
President DAK, Dr Suhail Naik said hospitals remain abuzz with hundreds of patients and their attendants and people at large should limit visiting hospital unnecessarily to prevent transmission of the coronavirus.
“This in long way is going to decrease large cohort of people visiting hospitals and a method to contain the spread of COVID-19,” he said.
DAK held an emergency meeting and discussed measures to fight the novel coronavirus that has affected 166 countries globally and killed 8,648 people as per the WHO.
Dr Naik request all doctors in the valley who are interested in the novel initiative to submit their phone numbers or show willingness in DAK groups so that the same can be publicized WhatsApp numbers on social media.
“It is our duty and we had been there to serve the public in natural disasters like floods or earthquake. We are ready to deal with the present situation and fight the COVID-19 pandemic,” DAK said. The statement issued to KNS said.
The doctor’s body has also appealed the government to take extra measures as the coronavirus positive cases are going up in Jammu and Kashmir.
DAK also appealed doctors to provide consultation at community level to people in order to curtail the rush in the hospitals. “See hospitals there are epicenter of different kinds of infection and the precautionary measures are important to fight coronavirus,” it said.
After the emergency meeting, DAK created Covid-19 helpline for general public and advised people to call on the below mentioned phone numbers of doctors: Here is the of doctors who have showed willingness to voluntarily provide online consultation to people.
1. Dr Suhail Naik, Pediatrician: 9419032562
2. Dr Owais H Dar, Radiologist: 9906521015
3. Dr Masood Ul Hassan, general physician: 9419009325
4. Dr Masood Rashid, anesthesiologist: 7006786774
5. Dr Mir Mushtaq, orthopedician: 7006215235
6. Dr Rakhshanda, gynaecolgist: 7006287762
7. Dr Manzoor Ahmad, Consultant, SKIMS Medical College: 9419000311
8. Dr Mohamad Younis (AP Surgical Gastroenterology, SKIMS): 9797802521
9. Dr Shahnawaz Kaloo, Consultant Interventional Radiology, Max Hospital Delhi: +917835056123
10. Dr Arshad Baba, Consultant surgeon: 9906501331
11. Dr Arshad baba consultant surgeon: 9906501331
12. Dr Sheikh Shoib, Psychiatrist: 9797197388
13. Dr Yawar Yaseen, Physician: 9697364976
14. Dr Shahnaz Ahmad Sheikh, ENT specialist
15. Dr Mubashir Hassan Shah, Consultant Pediatrician: 9881342255
16. Dr Shabir Ahmad Lone, Consultant Medicine: 9596580210
17. Dr Shahnaz Ahmad Sheikh, ENT specialist: 7006564396
18. Dr Ghulam Jeelani Zargar, General Surgeon: 7006814027
19. Dr. Sajad Ahmad, Medical Block Boniyar: 9797224343
20. Dr Fayaz Bhat, Physician: 7006693156
21. Dr Nadeem, Surgeon: 7006532988