Srinagar, Mar 13: A man was charred to death while seven others sustained burn injuries after a gas cylinder exploded inside a house on fire in Wadwan area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
Divulging information about the incident, Soibugh Police Post in charge Mudasir Ahmed told Kashmir News Trust that a house owned by one Mushtaq Ahmed Bhat son of Ghulamuddin caught fire, apparently due to short circuit in Wardwan area. As the locals tried to rescue the family and save the house, a gas cylinder inside the house went off suddenly, that exploded with a bang. Seven persons including the housewife sustained injuries while one among them was charred to death.
The Police officer identified the slain as Jan Muhammad son of Muhammad Abdullah Malik. He said the fire was brought under control and only the second storey of the building was damaged but it was the gas cylinder blast that did the damage.
The injured have been rushed to JVC Hospital Bemina. They are Hilal Ahmed of Soibugh, Khurshid Ahmed Najar, Abdul Rehman, Dost Ahmed Mir, Hilal Ahmed Wani and Irfana wife of house owner Mushtaq Ahmed, all residents of Wadwan Budgam