House Owner, His Wife Among 7 Injured
Srinagar, Mar 13: A youth was burnt to death while as seven others suffered injuries as a house gutted completely due to gas cylinder explosion at Wardwan area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
Reports reaching GNS said that soon after the Friday prayers culminated at Wardwan village, the flames were seen coming out from the residential house of Mushtaq Ahmad Bhat.
The locals after performing the prayers straightaway rushed towards the spot and engaged themselves in dousing off the flames. The local police station and concerned fire tenders were also informed about the incident.
As the flames engulfed the whole house due to gas leakage amid the cylinder blast, eight persons including family members and those who volunteered themselves to douse off the flames got trapped, reports said.
While seven others managed to come out with burn injuries, a 25-year-old Umar Abdullah Malik could not manage to run outside resulting in serious burn injuries to him. He died on spot.
Confirming the death and injuries, a police officer said that investigation into the incident has been launched.
He identified the injured as Mushtaq Ahmad Bhat, his wife Irfana, Abdul Rehman Bhat his son Tabasum Bhat, Khursheed Najar, Hilal Ahmad Wani and Dost Mohammad Mir.
The officer said that all the injured were shifted to a nearby hospital where from the four among them were referred to SKIMS Soura. Three others were shifted to JVC hospital Bemina for specialized treatment, he added.
Besides the death and injuries, the residential house got damaged completely. One more adjoining house suffered partial damage, the officer said.