Handwara, Oct 1: Over 80 people were taken ill due to ‘food poisoning’ after having dinner at a wedding party in North Kashmir’s of Kupwara district.
The incident took place in Bongam Langate area Handwara where invitees enjoyed feast during a marriage ceremony of a female.
Over 80 people enjoyed the feast. Local sources told news agency KNT after the dinner, people started vomiting and complained of loose motion. The victims hailing from different parts of Kupwara district were taken to three different health centres.
Those who fell ill included children and women.
A medico said that most of the people who arrived at the health centre were suffering from stomach pain and diarrhea. He is it seems the case of food poisoning. “The condition of the patients is now stable and most of them were discharged,” he said.
Block Medical Officer Langate, Dr Gowhar Nabi told KNT that they have sent a medical team to the said residence that will collect the samples.