Baramulla, Jan 5: In a heart wrenching incident, three members of a family including a kid were found dead apparently due to asphyxiation caused by a coal brazier lit in their room to keep warm, police said.
The incident occurred in Nihalpora village of Pattan town in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
A team led by SHO Pattan rushed to spot to ascertain the facts. Police sources confirmed to news agency KNT that the trio including man his wife and little son have died to asphyxiation caused by a coal brazier lit in their room during night.
They identified the deceased as Muhammad Maqbool Lone, his wife Haseena Akhtar and son Talib Maqbool Lone.
Police sources said that the trio was found unresponsive by a relative living next door and accordingly police was informed.
The coal brazier (angeethi) was found lit in the small shabby room and prime facie it appears that they inhaled the toxic gas from it which led to their death, police sources said adding that the bodies will be sent for post-mortem and the exact reason of their death will be known once the report is out.
A case has been registered and police are further investigating.