Srinagar, May 22: A 48-year-old worker has died and his colleague having sustained injuries in an electrocution incident in Sonpah area of Beerwah in central-Kashmir’s Budgam district on Saturday morning.
Reports reaching GNS said that the duo, working in a joinery mill, was doing some renovation work at the enterprise when a tin sheet they were holding touched a high-tension wire. In the incident one worker identified as Farooq Ahmad Najar (48) son of Mohammad Sadiq a resident of Bonn Zanigam Beerwah and Ghulam Mohmmad (56) son of Mohammad Sideeq a resident of Khatrila Najan, Beerwah sustained injuries.
The duo was immediately evacuated to hospital, however the 48-year-old Farooq Ahmad Najar succumbed to his critical injuries on way.
The injured has been referred to Srinagar for advanced treatment, where his condition is said to be stable, on filing of this report.
Meanwhile a police official has confirmed the incident to GNS and said that a team is being sent to the spot to assess the cause of incident.