New Delhi, Oct 10: The 13th round of talks Corps commander level talks between India and China is being held at Modlo Garrison, across the LAC from Chushul on Sunday to discuss further disengagement in Eastern Ladakh.
The talks, which are being held after a gap of around two months, started around 1030 hours. It comes as Chinese buildup across the LAC has increased and over 50,000 PLA troops are said to be deployed along the border.
The two sides are likely to discuss next phase of disengagement from Hot Springs and also overall de-escalation along the LAC in Eastern Ladakh according to military sources.
India and China have so far disengaged from the areas of Pangong Tso and Gogra, however, frictions remain over the areas of Depsang and Demchok.
The last round of talks had taken place on July 31, following which, soldiers on both sides completed the disengagement process in Gogra.
The talks also come in the backdrop of at least two more major transgression incidents, one in Barahoti sector of Uttarakhand and another in the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane on Saturday expressed concern over the Chinese build-up, and said it looked like they were there to stay.
He also said Indian soldiers would stay there as well. General Naravane also expressed concern that if the Chinese side continued for another winter, the LAC may become another LoC, though not active like the western border, as India would have to continue deployment of troops there as well.